Friday 24 February 2012

For A Cause

 Here are pictures from my Instagram. :) I just started a cause on instagram for  those who are undergoing depression and eating disorders. I've had my fair share of all those growing up and I never had the proper guidance or anyone to talk to me about these matters. Therefore, I started this cause with the hash tag #mystoryis for people to share their stories on what is going on in their lives.

With this hash tag, i'm hoping that more people would respond and come to know of it as this gives them an opportunity to voice out and get heard. Here's where all the other IGers can share their concern & love. Some of those undergoing depression and eating disorders are as young as 14yrs old!

So please.. I am here, asking for everyone of you who has a kind soul, please share this cause as it can help save lives of those girls who are suicidal. Together we can educate more people on depression and eating disorders. This can bring awareness. I'm only hoping that one day, all these will come to an end as its not something anyone or any child should have to go through.

Don't think that these people are stupid to be suicidal. Most have been abused emotionally/physically most of their lives. And its because of the things that people say that causes it. Sometimes calling someone else fat or ugly can cause more damage than you think. To you, it may only seem as harmless fun but its different on the receiving end. So stop it as it might cost a life!


My Story


This isn't easy for me but I know that if I start, people will speak out too. I'm doing this for a good cause. So please.. Don't leave harsh comments.

My parents separated at the age of 3. I pretty much had to grow up much faster than most kids. I grew to be independent and had no choice. When I was 6, I was moved back to Seremban to live. That was the moment where things started to fall apart as I was forced to live with my grandparents. :) Due to the large age gap, we never got along really well and there was nobody to talk to or understand my predicament. I missed being around my mom and looked forward to every weekend for her return.




 When I was 11, that was when my parents officially got a divorce. Signed. When I heard the news, that was when I knew that there was no point trying to reconcile them any longer. I was devastated. From that moment on, I started going through depression as being the only child only means no company, nobody to talk to and loneliness. My friends were never really close to me and I never really liked talking about my family matters. I started starving myself and puking everything I ate as it made me feel better about myself. I felt that I was fat and I needed to get thinner to be prettier hoping that i'd be better accepted by my peers. I only ate salad and vegetables and nothing else. From that moment on, I fell sick easily, had breathing difficulties and heart palpitation. Not a good feeling. I promise. It did not make me feel prettier at all. I just felt uglier as I got skinnier and skinnier.

 At the age of 12, I lost all motivation to go to school or to mingle as at that time, my friends just grew apart from me. I missed 3 months of school in total, I stopped doing my HW, moved from the 1st class to the last for a week and a half. I was teased a lot in school. I was the girl from the broken family. I was the spoilt only child. What nobody knew was that I was independent. I grew up on my own. I learnt from my mistakes. Either way, the teachers from that school put me to much shame and humiliation. They did not help the matter but made things worst by talking behind my back about me being "the girl from the broken family". I was being singled out throughout the year. Finally,  UPSR came. I made sure I wanted to prove everybody wrong cause nobody believed I could do well. I used the time being alone to study really hard and finally, I got myself the straight A's by God's grace. That was the breaking point of my depression. It gradually got better from then on. If it weren't for God, I don't know where I would have been today for all the moments I attempted to give up on life. My results was the way God showed me that he was there and that if no one else cared, He did. So I really thank God for my recovery today. :)

Here's the gist of  my story. Share urs.
X
Hot Mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your 2cents